I stumbled across this reading challenge and it looks fun and interesting. I’m already a fan of the mystery genre so this is prefect!
Here are the basics if you want to join in the fun (for full details and to join click the link above or below):
1. The challenge starts January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2013.
2. You can read any novel, short story or author just so that the genre is mystery/crime.
3. 1 novel counts as 1 novel( a novel is anything over 100 pages) of course but you will have to read 5 short stories to count as 1 novel.
4. There will be a monthly post for you to add a link or links to your post showing the progress that you have made so far. AND monthly drawings for those who link up.
She has various levels to determine the number of books you’ve read. I’m going to for the Sherlock Holmes title:
5 books= Detective
10 books = Sergeant
15 books = Lieutenant
20 books = Captain
25 books = Chief
30+ books = Sherlock Holmes
If you have any questions about the way the challenge works, please visit: The Crafty Book Nerd or click on the challenge banner above.
My Book List:
01. January: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (reviewed here)
02. January: Vows to Kill by Mark Capell (reviewed here)
03. January: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield (reviewed here)
04. February: Death on Dartmoor by Dara England (reviewed here)
05. February: Malicious Masquerade by Alan Cupp (reviewed here)
06. February: Front Page Fatality by LynDee Walker (reviewed here)
07. April: The King’s Jar by Susan C. Shea (reviewed here)
08. April: Board stiff by Kendel Lynn (reviewed here)
09. July: From a Dead Sleep by John Daly (reviewed here)
10. July: Night School by CJ Daugherty (reviewed here)
11. July: Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke (reviewed here)
12. July: Night Film by Marisha Pessl (reviewed here)
13. August: Let Me Go by Chelsea Cain (reviewed here)
14. August: Buried Leads by LynDee Walker (reviewed here)
15. October: Hijack in Abstract by Larissa Reinhart (reviewed here)
16. October: An Old Betrayal by Charles Finch (reviewed here)
17. October: Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel (reviewed here)
18. November: Tinseltown Riff by Shelly Frome (reviewed here)
19. November: Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield (reviewed here)
20. November: Café Insomniac by Mark Capell (reviewed here)
21. November: Heartache Motel by (reviewed here)