Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is: top ten books of 2013. This is difficult, but here are some of my favorites.
01. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: Looking for a mindfuck? This is your book.
02. Front Page Fatality by LynDee Walker: Cozy mystery fans delight! The writing is engaging and witty, “But that’s the thing about dead people: they can’t warn you to keep your nose out of things that are going to put your ass in danger.”
03. Leave of Absence by Tanya J. Peterson: Peterson writes a beautiful book about a taboo subject: mental health. You’ll look at the world a little differently.
04. Shaken Not Stirred by Aaron Cooley’: Fans of Ian Fleming will enjoy this. It’s a fictionalized account on how Fleming came up with Bond and it’s a wild ride.
05. Studio Saint-Ex by Ania Szado: This a treat for fans of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s The Little Prince. It’s a fictionalized biography of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s time in New York and just oh so beautiful.
06. The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway: I have no words to describe this, but it was a page turner. One of the few books this year that made me want to look ahead.
07. The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig: Beautifully written and full of beautiful heartache.
08.Tempting the Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon: Yes the market is oversaturated with billionaires, but Shane August is different. For one, he actually works and two, he’s no stalker.
09. Delayed Penalty by Shey Stahl: A lovely book about a hockey player saving a girl left for dead and the heartbreak of finding out who raped her.
10. The Art of Love by Anne Whitney: This what New Adult should emulate. I love Fitz and everything about this book. No crazy love triangles and no insta-love with a realistic ending.
**If you’re fan of Lauren Willig, on Wednesday I’ll have an exclusive interview with her and she talks about The Ashford Affair.**
What are your favorite reads so far for the year?