Chicago is larger-than-life—just like my firefighting foster siblings, the Dempseys! And it’s also a great place to get your romance on.
1. The food. You could eat out a different restaurant every night of the week for years and never get bored. And we all know, variety is key to any great relationship. *wink*
2. The lake. It’s blue and twinkles in the sunlight and there’s nowhere more romantic on a hot summer night, especially if you know a guy with a boat.
3. The architecture. Tall, shiny skyscrapers mix with old school buildings, making Chicago an epic destination. Against the backdrop of the beautiful skyline, how could you not fall in love?
4. The neighborhoods. You might find love with a billionaire on a trip down the Mag Mile, but you’re more likely to meet the love of your life out in the ‘hoods where the real people hang – Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Andersonville, to name a few.
5. The sights. Take a walk or a skate around Millennium Park, find your reflection in the Bean, count the dots on Seurat’s A Sunday on La Grande Jatte at the Art Institute. Be your own Ferris Bueller and hold hands with someone while you do it.
Originally from Ireland, Kate cut her romance reader teeth on Maeve Binchy and Jilly Cooper novels, with some Mills & Boon thrown in for variety. Give her tales about brooding mill owners, oversexed equestrians, and men who can rock an apron or a fire hose, and she’s there. Now based in Chicago, she writes sexy contemporary romance with alpha heroes and strong heroines who can match their men quip for quip.