As several of you know, I’ve never read Harry Potter! I started The Sorcerer’s Stone last week and I’m halfway through it (well I stopped right where Harry and company are about to get sorted or something like that. LOL).
What do I think so far? The Sorcerer’s Stone really is for children and you can definitely tell just by the first few opening pages. Still I’ve enjoyed what I read and keep wondering how in the world J. K. Rowling slept! I mean with all these characters and world building, I doubt I’d sleep very much.
Overall thoughts as I read:
• Why do the Dursley’s hate the Potter’s?
• Okay…we have a cat and now there’s a Professor McGonagall. Who the heck is Dumbledore talking to and what the heck happened to the cat? (this has been clarified by Arlinda. Turns out McGonagall was the cat)
• I have a feeling this letter Dumbledore is leaving won’t be read or ignored.
• Argh, Dudley! I want to smack him.
• Awww, poor Harry! Living in closet.
• Whoa, look at those letters!
• Muggle? What the heck is a Muggle?
• The boy who lived? Who, what, and I need details.
• Not saying Voldemort’s name is like avoiding saying Macbeth out loud.
• So glad Harry has Hagrid to get him ready for Hogwarts.
• Why was Hagrid expelled?
• Oooh, the wand chooses the wizard? Interesting.
• Ah, my heart hurts for Harry! Here’s hoping he figures out where the heck Platform 9¾ is.
• Yay! Someone helps Harry out.
• Hmmm…looks like this Ron fellow and Harry will be friends.
• Hermione Granger is bossy!
• Ah, I have a feeling Draco Malfoy won’t be a nice fellow.