Eeek! I’m not one to make a HUGE fuss over birthday celebrations and since I’ve decided to be a little more open so you all get to know better, celebrating a birthday should be known. Right?
So many moons ago on an extremely hot day in El Paso, Texas I was born and the next day apparently brought snow to the area! I was delivered by a Doctor Love and yeah I always get a kick out of seeing his name on my birth certificate. As part of you all getting to know me, here are some random facts (this post is totally inspired by Gillian over at Writer of Wrong’s post because I had a different post made up and decided this was more fun).
1. I have a scar on my one of my eyebrows (not telling you which) because as a child I was uh jumping on the bed and may or may not have been singing Five Little Monkeys (okay I was) and then I hit the headboard. Yup, I am a cautionary tale and kids “don’t jump on the bed.”
2. I have an ocular melanoma in my left eye (mole in the white part of the eye) and it’s not evident until someone points it out. Fun fact: my mom’s cousin (who happens to be a year younger than me) has one too, but on her right eye and we’re the only two people in the family (or in the history that anyone can remember) that has it.
3. When I was little I use to write short stories all the time. In fact my 6th grade principal heard of my story writing that he requested to read anything I wrote and often did!
4. My parents were teenage parents so I know of the struggles they had to endure, but guess what? They’ve been married for over thirty years and they’ve only had one major fight.
5. There’s a mini zoo in my household with 4 dogs (um one of them does belong to my sister and he’s currently on loan), 2 cats, and 3 birds (2 of them which also belong to my sister). But this is my girl and I just adore this picture of her:
6. When I was little I wanted to go to Space Camp! I admit it mostly because I just adored the film Space Camp. Haven’t seen it? You should!
7. I’m not one to often say, “I wish I was extremely beautiful” or “I wish I looked like a supermodel.” I’m quite happy with my lot. That wasn’t the case about 2 years ago. I was at Barnes & Nobles and I wasn’t going to go there first, but instead walk on by and enter the mall via the south east entrance and proceed straight to Victoria’s Secret to return some items for my sister, but I instead went into B&N. I browsed for a about 5 minutes or so and then decided I’d come back after my visit at VS. So as I’m walking towards the back entrance that will take to me the SE entrance of the mall, I saw a very gorgeous man! He was bit too thin for my taste, but he was oh so gorgeous. :sigh: I wasn’t planning on making eye contact, but right as we neared each other I look at him and he smiles right at me. And at that moment time stood still (REALLY!) and I pictured a lifetime of happiness with him (children included) that flashed and then it was over as I walked out the door. Then I thought, “oh why couldn’t I look a supermodel? I bet he would have said something!” I still think of him from time to time and it was just an odd thing to experience.
8. I love telenovelas! Yup, I’m a Spanish soap fan and I love them! Especially if they feature some of my favorite leading men like Sebastian Rulli, David Zepeda, or Cristián de la Fuente . Some of my favorite soaps include Yo Compro Esa Mujer (costume drama set and title is: I buy that woman. I’m still waiting for this to be on DVD!), India: A Love Story, and La Pola.
9. I love all aspects of the paranormal and going on ghost tour walks! That stuff is so interesting and you learn a lot about history.
10. I’m a hockey fan! My favorite player growing up (well as a teen) was Mike Modano and in fact, the Dallas Stars just retired his jersey and they published a book of his life and career. One book with two options were available (one was signed and only 999 copies were made) and guess which option I went with? Oh I also got a copy of the game program from that night.
11. Speaking of hockey…I’m a Patrick Sharp fan and therefore that makes me a Blackhawks fan too! Though I adore my Stars, Aves, and Red Wings. I mean look at Sharpie!
12. I have 2 prized possessions: a hand written note by hockey hall of famer Bob Gainey and a used game stick by Patrick Verbeek.
13. Book that drove my parents crazy because they’d have to read it over and over again when I was a child? Green Eggs and Ham.
14. I got lost once in a Mexican shop when I was a kid. It was interesting and yet terrifying. I do remember being the center of attention as I was talking away to a few people.
15. My least favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber musical happens to still be one of my favorites. Huh? Yeah, I know, but there’s something about The Phantom of the Opera that I love and yet hate at the same time.
There you have it, a little bit about me and do we have anything in common? Do you have a favorite birthday memory?
To celebrate my birthday, I’m giving away a $25 gift certificate to the Book Depository. This means anyone can enter as long as TBD ships to your country. You’ll have the option of picking a book that is worth $25 or feel free to pick a few books as long as the total is $25. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway