Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday post is going up later than I wanted, but it’s one I had to really think about. Today’s topic is: blogger confessions and even though I haven’t done a top ten in quite some time I did want to participate.
In no particular order:
01. I’m backlogged when it comes to writing reviews. I’ve lost my review mojo along the way and while I’ve been reading, I just don’t have the energy to write reviews.
02. I sometimes covet the cool swag other bloggers are sent by publishers / publicists. Then I remind myself that I have no idea where to put said swag or what to do with it so it’s okay.
03. I miss having the time to blog. There are days when I come home from work and I don’t have the energy to turn on the laptop or fire up the tablet in order to work on a blog post. I have over a dozen posts drafted that may never get posted because I just don’t have the energy to revisit them.
04. I worry about original content or what is considered original content. For example, I want to change up review style, but worry I’ll be accused of copying another blogger who might do it the way I want to. I also want a way to highlight unsolicited books I receive for review consideration that I may not end up reviewing or reviewing.
05. I get annoyed when bloggers advertise their blogs in groups I belong to on Facebook or around the web. I think it’s because I feel like they are looking for followers and what better way to do in a group where a majority of people following x author is there.
06. I don’t request ARCs, etc. It’s rare that I request an ARC, but when I do, I always make sure it’s for a book I really want to read.
07. I’m jealous of the close friendships other bloggers have formed with each other. Where’s my blogging soulmate?
08. I judge bloggers that participate in a lot of promo blitzes. Partly because I don’t see myself as a promo machine and anything that does appear on my blog regarding promo blitzes is because I do believe my own followers would be interested (because I am). Truth be told, I know a lot of bloggers believe that having the blitz is at least content filler, but when you have x amount of blogs participating then it’s a bit oversaturated regarding promo. I’d rather not post than have a filler post just because.
09. I worry about my blog audience especially since I don’t receive many comments in general. I know a lot of bloggers say, “visit other blogs so you’ll get comments” in return and honestly? That doesn’t seem to hold true for me. In the past, I’ve visited over a dozen a blogs and not one has visited. I’ve been guilty of this in the past, but I always try to return the favor maybe a few weeks later.
10. Along the lines of a blog audience-I’ve been thinking of calling it quits. How do I know if anyone following likes any content when there’s little to nothing comments or interaction? It feels sort like I’m a store owner in a dead shopping center where all the other stores have closed and moved elsewhere, but I keep holding on because I believe the neighborhood can come back to life.
What about you? What are your blogging confessions?